Just discovered many korean dramas are using the song for super important, romantic, crucial part of their plot. Thus it must be a damn great song. There are two main singers who have sung it on records. Others have too but not recorded.
The English translation for the title is Confession.
It roughly expresses the feeling of a guy wanting to confess to a girl his true feelings but it's wrong to love her. He is hopeful that she will accept his love through his confession. Its a really heart-wrenching kind of feeling because he has to hide his feelings but wants so much to confess them all to her. I realised for two dramas, they were used at the point where the lead actors had to hide their feelings. So suiting.
(The above is my own translation from the few dramas i've seen before.)
(1) Started to get my attention from episode 10 of 'Lovers' (2006) where my gangster 'bf' Lee Seo Jin acted in. The song was played at the part where he first/finally acknowledged and acted upon his feelings for his love. He can't love her because his girlfriend whom he's about to marry is pregnant with his child. (p/s: Both the leads are dating for real and there's possibly a wedding this year end too.) Also, it's showing now on our local cable channel 55/255 on weekends. this weekend should be the one where they will show this scene.
(2) Then found the young baseball player lover from '9 ends 2 outs' (2007), sang it in a karoke scene. He sang it so beautifully cause he's a singer in real life. Can almost fight with the original singers.
(3) Finally my current boy toy 'bf' Gong Yoo sang it in episode 14 of 'One Fine Day' (2006) while drinking in pub pitifully. Since he's the 'brother' of his love, he went through such pain thinking about what to do with this wrong love. The song truely showed his feelings at that moment in time.
I'm sure the above dramas are not the only ones that featured this song, Gohae. Infact when i googled it, i found a few more scenes where the actors sang it. That's excluding those where it was just played in the background.
Anyway, this song captured my heart everytime i hear it. I've only made the connection after i saw the drama '9 ends 2 outs' and found out that they were the same song.
In that drama '9 ends 2 outs', the actress watched the japanese movie, 'love letter', in korean language. Gohae was playing in the back ground when the actress shouting out very sorrowfully, her love confession to the snow-filled land.
Coincidentally, that is the same movie scene that was shown in Guang Yang's 'Tong Hua' MTV. It appeared on the TV of the scene where the girl with cancer watched with Guang Yang and cried.
So amazing, right? If you interested now, do watch the 'Lovers' version of Gohae.
(Or you can simply scroll down to my previous post on Gohae.)
That's how obesssed i am recently with korean dramas & in particular this song. I'm even writing down korean conversational words.
I've just discovered another popular song that's appeared in many dramas. I will be investigating and update when i find it.
More to come when i discover any more interesting facts of korean dramas!
The English translation for the title is Confession.
It roughly expresses the feeling of a guy wanting to confess to a girl his true feelings but it's wrong to love her. He is hopeful that she will accept his love through his confession. Its a really heart-wrenching kind of feeling because he has to hide his feelings but wants so much to confess them all to her. I realised for two dramas, they were used at the point where the lead actors had to hide their feelings. So suiting.
(The above is my own translation from the few dramas i've seen before.)
Reference Drama:Direct Translation of Song:
What happens now
What should I do now?
Fearlessly, without hesitatation,
I love her
Quietly even I, even i don't know
Pretending i've forgotten
Even i live, i die
I love her
Even the world's condemnation
Even this crazed appearance
Even knowing all this,
Even though it frightens me.
I love you
Chorus:
Where are you?
Can you really hear my words?
Then, this blood that spills from my pitiful love
You must know this too
(repeat)
Please forgive me
If you punish me, I'll accept it
But her, just this one person,
Please allow our love
(1) Started to get my attention from episode 10 of 'Lovers' (2006) where my gangster 'bf' Lee Seo Jin acted in. The song was played at the part where he first/finally acknowledged and acted upon his feelings for his love. He can't love her because his girlfriend whom he's about to marry is pregnant with his child. (p/s: Both the leads are dating for real and there's possibly a wedding this year end too.) Also, it's showing now on our local cable channel 55/255 on weekends. this weekend should be the one where they will show this scene.

(2) Then found the young baseball player lover from '9 ends 2 outs' (2007), sang it in a karoke scene. He sang it so beautifully cause he's a singer in real life. Can almost fight with the original singers.

(3) Finally my current boy toy 'bf' Gong Yoo sang it in episode 14 of 'One Fine Day' (2006) while drinking in pub pitifully. Since he's the 'brother' of his love, he went through such pain thinking about what to do with this wrong love. The song truely showed his feelings at that moment in time.

I'm sure the above dramas are not the only ones that featured this song, Gohae. Infact when i googled it, i found a few more scenes where the actors sang it. That's excluding those where it was just played in the background.
Anyway, this song captured my heart everytime i hear it. I've only made the connection after i saw the drama '9 ends 2 outs' and found out that they were the same song.
In that drama '9 ends 2 outs', the actress watched the japanese movie, 'love letter', in korean language. Gohae was playing in the back ground when the actress shouting out very sorrowfully, her love confession to the snow-filled land.
Coincidentally, that is the same movie scene that was shown in Guang Yang's 'Tong Hua' MTV. It appeared on the TV of the scene where the girl with cancer watched with Guang Yang and cried.
So amazing, right? If you interested now, do watch the 'Lovers' version of Gohae.
(Or you can simply scroll down to my previous post on Gohae.)
That's how obesssed i am recently with korean dramas & in particular this song. I'm even writing down korean conversational words.
I've just discovered another popular song that's appeared in many dramas. I will be investigating and update when i find it.
More to come when i discover any more interesting facts of korean dramas!
No comments:
Post a Comment