Sunday, January 27, 2008

2008 Chinatown

For the first time ever in my life, I went to Chinatown with my parents to join the crowds viewing the Chinese New Year sales. It's so much more meaningful than going with friends because we were there with the intention of shopping for items for home, not just to walk around. We bought quite a number of stuff. Infact we were quite smart to head there early and still had time to drop by NTUC supermarket to do more shopping.

What's a pity is that I didn't have the foresight to bring along my camera to capture the wonderful decorations that they had put up there. For example, the Budda's Tooth Relic Temple dimmed their lights but filled up their foyer's ceiling with lots of lanterns. It was a wonderful sight. Plus the mood everyone was in should've been recorded! Anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter cause this will forever be etched in my memory.

No comments: