Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shoujo Manga Addict

It's official. I'm seriously addicted to Shoujo Manga aka girls' love comics. I've started off with the Canadian ShojoBeat magazine which had extracts of a few manga titles. That wasn't enough. Then I tried to buy a sampler of manga books (one book each of three series). I love one particular one so much that I bought the whole collection (well, not that many, about 6 books total).

I'm crazy about Vampire Knight in ShojoBeat. So I am eagerly waiting for the June issue to reach Singapore (heard it's already out in US). Therefore I went Kinokuniya to check, only to be disappointed. So out of desperation, I bravely ventured into the Japanese section of the book store. All these while I didn't dare to because that section is always filled with Japaneses and I was too shy to intrude on their territory. Also I was afraid that if I start looking someone would talk to me in Jap.

Anyway, I quickly looked at the Manga Magazines shelve and WOW! They have so many different types of colourful, beautifully drawn manga! *Drooling* *Slurps back saliva* Candy store - phenomenon again. I was awe-strucked by the volume of each magazine. It has the average thickness of 3cm and area of an A4 size paper. That's simply humongous! This addict was tempted to buy all the available love comics. Luckily my diminishing credit limit won the usual buying battle (my bank account is probably saluting that). I only bought one miserable magazine which happened to be the cheapest one.

This is an expensive hobby.

No comments: