This is a copy of my blog on MyAnimeList so if you have read that, you can ignore this. Only difference is that I've embedded more of Laruku's videos.
I've got a new interest recently. This name L'Arc-en-ciel appeared so many times when I was looking at some anime songs. So curious me went to listen to them. At first I found it okay only. Maybe the vocal sounded a little like Uverworld type (that half-nasal, sharp voice) but the music was average.
Then, one day, as I was browsing the music shop, I don't know what the hell compelled me to buy the 'Theatre of Kiss' concert DVD. That was when I got hooked by Laruku (the nick/alternative name of L'Arc-en-ciel).
What happened next, you would ask? Well, I can say the rest is history. However, I can't help mentioning my journey towards this idiol-addiction. If you ever want to start being a fan, perhaps it may come in handy someday. Haha.. I'm kidding myself.
Since I was watching the DVD past 10pm, I couldn't rush to the music store or book store to buy all available items on Laruku. So the next best thing is to searched Wikipedia and google. Wiki is great! They have all the history listed down and in one shot, I knew everything I needed to know about them (well, almost).
Now, I need pictures because I'm so in love with HYDE, the vocalist. So I went to my usual art website DeviantArt to search for it. Another amazing thing happened. I found not only great photos and wallpapers but also many long-time fans who are so willing to help a new fan like me. They answered a lot of questions which I couldn't find online (okay, I admit I'm not that great with seach engines).
The final step to get all the DVDs and CDs available. Boy, was that the toughest thing to do. My first mistake was that I didn't realise that HMV is the greatest music shop in the world (pardon, in Singapore). A shop assistant (not from HMV) was wonderful enough to point it out to me and I'm forever thankful. Yes, HMV's stuffs are bloody expensive but it's the only place to get foreign music stuff which you can't find any where else. They even have a on-line shop where (really) everything on earth is available.
Okay back to the topic. I went crazy when I found all the old DVDs and albums (and also singles)! I would've grabbed everything if the Japan version didn't cost $79 per CD. Repeat CD for $79!!!! No matter how much I love HYDE, I wouldn't spend that amount! I mean I've not reached that stage yet.. (I fear that day may come soon when I would buy it). It's already burning a hole in my pocket as it is.
I worked backwards to the source that started it all. The animes. GTO (song, Driver's High) which I've watched long, long time ago but was never interested in anime songs yet.
Fullmetal Alchemist (song, Ready Steady Go).
Watched that already. Fullmetal Alchemist Movie (Songs, Link and Lost Heaven).
Going to try to watch that because it continues where the series left off. Next, Seirei no Moribito (song, Shine) I watched it and was blown away by it. It's so amazing that I wondered why did I not watch it? Must watch if you like epic animes.
Blood+ (song, Season's Call) has the song HYDE made when he went solo.
Now I'm left with DNA^2(song, Blurry eyes), Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (song, Daybreak's Bell) which I will watch eventually.
Well, I finally bought all the asian version and that concludes my walk towards being a HYDEist, HYDEness?? I don't know. I've seen so many versions of that hee.. yup. HYDE in Laruku. HYDE solo? yes. HYDE vamps? Not so sure yet. That is why I think no matter what HYDE does outside, he should never leave Laruku because the music made by the members is what I like. (HYDE is the lyricist)
No comments:
Post a Comment