Monday, July 20, 2009

2009 Shape Run + Reflections

Here are the events that I will be taking part in:

1. Sengkang Run (Missed - MC)
2. Passion Run (Completed - 10km)
3. Shape Run -5km (Completed - 5km)
4. Army Half-Marathon-10km (Upcoming)
5. Great Eastern Women's -10Km (Registered)
6. Standard Chartered-10km (KIV)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 3rd Shape Run. New addition as mentioned in the previous post, my colleagues were there. Somehow I guess I wasn't that prepared for gathering and more so for running. As usual, I ran with only my iShuffle. That meant I had no means of contacting others (realised that a few people were missing) and also no way to capture the moment. Thankfully Team Relak (whose team leader was Supergirl) was armed with their shooting equipments ;p

My 6th marathon and I was unable to feel the excitement most felt. Expected this of myself since I lost interest in things easily. This is more of a routine thing liao. Like goals placed through out the year to keep me running. Expected timing is 35minutes. Not my best 5km and didn't expect it too because I've not exercised for a month.

However, this did jumpstart my running engine and now my body has gone back to the pre-illness days. Inspiration is running high and my usual 2km jog around the neighbourhood was a breeze. I'm rather glad I've not lost it.

This reminded me of something. So it's time to share a little about myself. I used to run alot in primary school. I was in the school team and running events during sports days. So whenever I didn't run for a week or so, I would have nightmares where I couldn't run anymore. I've not had this feeling since then and it's interesting how it's coming back now.

Talking about nightmares, I'm reminded of something. I'm about to celebrate my 1-year anniversary of quitting that bad habit of mine. So guess what, I dreamt that I did that again and I was like cursing myself for wasting a 1-year effort. Maybe it's due to the people I'm idolising who like to do that so much. I'm sub-conciously craving for it. Also, what's sustaining this unbelievable restrain that I have? I've realised it's my work outs. The month that I went without was the month I was most tempted to give it all up. Guess one addiction to replace another.

Conclusion? I'm a General Addict. I simply get addicted to everything, anything. :)

No comments: