This job I have inspires me because job satisfaction is great. The results are not simply data which you can analyze but something on a higher pane. Knowing how I made a difference is the best fuel to keep my engine running. I know this is one of the best job match because I spend more time with simple minded beings.
Wow. After writing the wonderful introduction above, I'm left wondering why am I even considering the signs (even if it's really from Him). Hm..Well, it started with a bang from my ex-sup who was just checking up on how I'm getting on (Yes, she's a very caring person).
She dropped this line out of the blue,"Have you ever thought of other jobs like admin manager?" Well, I was stunned as I've never ever thought about it. However, it's been on my mind since then. Shortly after, I found out that my current admin manager was about to leave.
I do not know if it's a headhunting attempt, chitchat or career advice. It's definitely something that surfaces ever now and then in my thoughts. Another two similar events like this happened. Once it was after conducting an IT lesson for staff and another after saving a co-worker from a potential IT mayhem. They both mentioned I'm in the wrong line (I'm NOT in the IT industry). I guess those are just other forms of appreciation and not really meant that way.
The 4th sign, so to speak, came from a complete stranger who was at my house to fix my cable. My mother was the one who retold the story as I wasn't around. The man was so surprised (more of shocked according to her) that both my cable boxes were connected correctly. Apparently, majority of the users placed the cables in the wrong places.
The 4th sign, so to speak, came from a complete stranger who was at my house to fix my cable. My mother was the one who retold the story as I wasn't around. The man was so surprised (more of shocked according to her) that both my cable boxes were connected correctly. Apparently, majority of the users placed the cables in the wrong places.
[Skip this paragraph - the technical details]
We have 2 HD set boxes. hdmi cables are not provided but instead the 3-way video wires are provided. So what I did was used back the audio (red/white) cables for the audio. plugged in the 3 video wires in. So in total all 5 cables are required for HD to work. If I had the $60 hdmi cables, i would simply just plug 1 tiny cable in. Then for my own TV, I plugged in additional audio out to my hi-fi. So my computer (also connected to the TV) and TV can transmit sound to my hifi. My dad nearly plugged it all into the regular red/white/yellow holes which would've caused a major hiccup to the tv/cable. I'm not that theoretical, I'm a hands-on type. So pardon the lack of correct terminologies.
We have 2 HD set boxes. hdmi cables are not provided but instead the 3-way video wires are provided. So what I did was used back the audio (red/white) cables for the audio. plugged in the 3 video wires in. So in total all 5 cables are required for HD to work. If I had the $60 hdmi cables, i would simply just plug 1 tiny cable in. Then for my own TV, I plugged in additional audio out to my hi-fi. So my computer (also connected to the TV) and TV can transmit sound to my hifi. My dad nearly plugged it all into the regular red/white/yellow holes which would've caused a major hiccup to the tv/cable. I'm not that theoretical, I'm a hands-on type. So pardon the lack of correct terminologies.
He kind of assumed I'm a guy and praised my mother's son for doing a great job. Then my mom proudly rebut him and told him it's her daughter not son who did it. He did a double-take. It seems like all the guys he encountered did it all wrong! Let alone a girl. hurhur.. My mother was so proud and for the first time ever, saw her grinning nonstop while retelling the whole story.
Well, I've also wondered that a few times myself. It made me looked at my room again and I suddenly realised that it could pass for a guy's room. A few obvious guitar items and guitarists' photos. Gadgets all over the place. Colour scheme is beige and no red or pink. Then I noticed a few girly stuff (earrings and female magazine) hidden here and there. How to mistake that for a guy's room? Haha, I realised that if it really was a guy's room, those would've been his girlfriend's items!! OMG! Ultimate!!
My mom commented that it was such a waste that I wasn't born a guy. That got me thinking that it's the fourth sign now and it's the first time this message is send through so loudly. I mean that's almost like putting up a neon sign in pitch-black darkness saying "Danger!". Then I'm here wondering if that sign is meant for me.
Okay, so it's a little extreme.. and I do need to finish my work still. At the end of year, get my well-earned bonus before I even think about a change of job.
Man, if I was born a guy, I would probably love girly guys and end up with an even smaller group of people. I think I better appreciate the fact that I'm a girl. Boy, now it's starting to sound like I'm having an identify crisis which I"M NOT!! Okay, that's the end. Great time to leave with a great video of guys (from the GazettE) who are straight as hell as me! Period!
See, they don't dress and makeup when they're off stage. So exciting to see them in their 'normal' mode. ;0
It's a rare video (online anyway, going to try to find in Japan when I'm there) which shows the making of their latest DIM album. The last few seconds are from a song. Sugoi!! Actually get to see how they work and how the song is recorded!
Well, I've also wondered that a few times myself. It made me looked at my room again and I suddenly realised that it could pass for a guy's room. A few obvious guitar items and guitarists' photos. Gadgets all over the place. Colour scheme is beige and no red or pink. Then I noticed a few girly stuff (earrings and female magazine) hidden here and there. How to mistake that for a guy's room? Haha, I realised that if it really was a guy's room, those would've been his girlfriend's items!! OMG! Ultimate!!
My mom commented that it was such a waste that I wasn't born a guy. That got me thinking that it's the fourth sign now and it's the first time this message is send through so loudly. I mean that's almost like putting up a neon sign in pitch-black darkness saying "Danger!". Then I'm here wondering if that sign is meant for me.
Okay, so it's a little extreme.. and I do need to finish my work still. At the end of year, get my well-earned bonus before I even think about a change of job.
Man, if I was born a guy, I would probably love girly guys and end up with an even smaller group of people. I think I better appreciate the fact that I'm a girl. Boy, now it's starting to sound like I'm having an identify crisis which I"M NOT!! Okay, that's the end. Great time to leave with a great video of guys (from the GazettE) who are straight as hell as me! Period!
See, they don't dress and makeup when they're off stage. So exciting to see them in their 'normal' mode. ;0
It's a rare video (online anyway, going to try to find in Japan when I'm there) which shows the making of their latest DIM album. The last few seconds are from a song. Sugoi!! Actually get to see how they work and how the song is recorded!
No comments:
Post a Comment