Sometimes, I over-assert myself and become too aggressive.
Good or bad? Depends on the type of personality that you have.
I'm a fence-sitter. Thus, I am always having this internal (& eternal) struggle with "Good vs Evil".
This is what happens when a potentially-bad situation presents itself. It will always end in either of the two ways which I will mention below. If I'm lucky to have some hero or heroine around, then probably a third option. But, I've digressed.
Okay, so here is the Bad Situation:
Sales person giving a really bad attitude and I'm really keen on getting the items he/she is selling.
This is usually the way I end it:
Bear with the bad attitude and buy the items I want. Unhappy with the purchase experience and regrets not taking charge of the situation.
I sometimes do it this way:
Give the same attitude back to the person. If it continues, ask the person more direct questions which may lead to his/her downfall. Then ask for another someone who is better to serve me. Make a hullaballoo and receive the type of service I wanted. Sales person probably getting a mark in his/her record.
This is my struggle:
If I don't assert myself, I feel lousy for being such a timid and useless person.
If I do assert myself, I do not know when to stop and end up being the nasty person myself. Then, I regret making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Either way, I struggle hard.
This is what I call a personality defect. People shouldn't be born this way. Why should we be made to have internal debates all the time? Isn't it tiring? Sadly, it can't be stopped.
Don't pretend, you know that you have at times done that yourself.
Well, then to the optimal solution or how I call it..
The best way to end it:
Hero or heroine does exactly the above or pulls me away from the situation insisting there is no point shopping there.
In reality, I've been walking away from many sales people. However, there are always places like optical shops where you have already ordered an item and can't just walk away. This is when things get nasty.
So you will probably have guessed by now that the above situation have probably happened to me just recently. And I am STILL struggling with it.
Have a good debate with yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment