Visiting my grandmother at the old folks home every lunar new year is like a detour before the real celebration. It has always been something to get over with and to be forgotten.
Today, the sight of her being tied down and lying helplessly in bed didn't do anything to me except creating a superficial sympathy for her.
However, my tears welled up in my eyes the moment I held her hand and our eyes met.
The sorrow and desperation in her eyes is unforgettable. It is so filled with emotion that I can't help crying whenever I recall that image.
I've not cried so much for a long time. I've cried so much till I'm drained and feel so weak.
I'm so ashamed of myself.
I've visited an old folks home officially as part of my company and yet I've not spent time with my own grandmother.
I've cheered up old folks and played games with them but I've not done anything with my grandmother.
I'm such a useless person.
I need to make up for lost time.
No comments:
Post a Comment