Wished you had gone for the 2008 Shape Run on 20 July?
Well, here's your 2nd chance to experience a run!!
This is the other women 5km fun run.
I must state first that even though the registration fee is about the same ($28/$38), it does NOT come with free magazine subsciption or loads of goodies. Actually, half of the goodies in the ShapeRun were useless to me. Which means it loses out in the Prizes Vs Prices arena.
I think if your goal is to test your body's limits, this is a MUST!
Check it out yourself:
Benefits & Prizes
The down side to it is that it's raining season in this half of the year. So there's like a 50% chance it will rain since the run is on 26 October 2008. They will cancel the run if it doesn't stop raining beyond a certain amount of time.
I wanted to try something more challenging so I've signed up for the 10km run this time.
It was only after I've signed up then I got worried cause it showed '10km competitive'???!!! What?? Nevermind. I will just try and maybe humiliate myself by being the last.
Let me know if you're interested.
Edit:
Currently, one ex-colleague has signed up and one current one may do so too.
Standard Chartered Marathon - 3 guys and 1 gal pending... Anytakers? 10km men/women
Edit 2:
Another colleague signed up. Total 2 friends in Great Eastern 10k.
May trash standard chartered 10k if no takers. Not so confident about 10k to take on 2 in a roll. See how if company subsidising then I may take on for the sake of having a goal to continue my regular running.
No comments:
Post a Comment