A quick update before I go back to doing my paper.
Carolyn and I arrived at the Padang very early. About the same time as last year but somehow this year, there were more runners around.
Since I've only had 2 hours of sleep and was working on my paper nonstop the whole of saturday, I trashed the idea of achieving my goals. (Infact I was tempted to skip the run at first.)
My competitive spirit is just too overwhelming. When I saw the ladies running, my legs started to have a mind of its own. I kept my pace through out the race. This run, I didn't stop or slow down. It was running all the way. Whenever I see someone stopping, I would just tell myself not to be like them. Die, die must stay at the same pace all the way.
All my determinations from last year resurfaced. Since I was so stupid to have stopped at the wrong finishing line last year, I told myself that I must make sure that I get it right this time! So I reserved my last bit of energy and dashed the last 300metres.
When I saw the clock '30...', I was pleasantly surprised and couldn't contain my joy. My smile froze for a second when I past the line at '31'min but still I'M SO BLOODY SATISFIED! I've managed to shave 3 mins off my last year record!
Carolyn did very well also! She completed it at 49min! It's amazing cause she wanted to take it easy and wasn't really looking at hitting such a cool ending time! Well done!
Congratulations again, Carolyn! You've completed your First SHape Run!!

1 comment:
Thank you and congratulations to you too :) I lost sight of you once I moved to the side.
I put up pics on my blog - took them while walking. Hahaha.
I didn't want to go too, I would have gladly gone back to sleep if you had canceled yesterday :p
Post a Comment