Can you imagine your skin burning for hours? I experienced that kind of pain last night. It was freakish. I tried all ways to relieve the pain but just wouldn't go away.
How did that all happen? Come to think of it, I was pretty stupid. I am usually very cynical of such treatments but somehow, yesterday, I took my parents' advice word for word.
Applied those alcoholic ointment for sprains on cottton. Then, secured it with the ankle guard. Since I didn't want it to be stained with the ointment, some seal wrap was place over the cotton first. Now, this wasn't the first time I've use this (though not in this manner!), so I expected it to be 'hot' later on.
After many hours, it started to bug me that this pain is a little off. Stupid me didn't even bother to open and check. Instead, I went to sleep with the 'hot' sensation! An hour later, I woke to excruciating pain which was now screaming for attention!
I was shocked (in my semi-asleep state) to see my skin had become rotten! Swollen, burning and some parts have rotted away. Goodness, gracious me! The shock woke me up, my brain was thinking of all available options.
It was so painful that seeing a doctor, who would most likely poke my ankle, is not an option! So I tried to go back to sleep, hoping the pain would subside but it didn't. I couldn't position my ankle in any way to feel comfortable.
I didn't know what to do except to apply generous amount of antiseptic cream non-stop. It kept melting and I had to re-apply many times. The pain just didn't go away. I know applying heat would hurt even more. However, cold air also didn't help but made it worse.
So I had no choice but to take the painkillers which I've got for my dislocated tailbone (that's another story). After half an hour, my sensors finally stopped sending pain signals to my brain and I was able to fall into deep sleep.
Now, my ankle is still hurting and as if it's not enough, I have burnt/infected skin. Yes, it adds a whole new pattern to the already 'tattooed' left leg of mine (from the roller-balding experience 2 years ago). The feeling of pain is indeed deeply embedded in my soul now.
I think the only other lengthy pain experience I've had was when I extracted my wisdom teeth on local anesthesia. It felt like I was being saw into pieces while being painfully conscious of it. That was more of the fear than pain. Now, this...this has set a new pain record... which I hope / pray would never be upset.
No comments:
Post a Comment