First No 1: The Dog Hash or DASH 070707
My first ever doggie run! This time round it was at the Springleaf Avenue Playground. It was so damn cool to see all the dogs gathering. Even more COOL is when all the dogs dashed off!! "On-on" is the call when we're on the right track! Is it my imagination or did the dogs respond to that and ran even faster! Wow! You get to go through a 'virgin trail' which is a untouched part of the mini forest. Got a few scratches on my legs and had to do a lot of pushing (of branches and twigs) to avoid getting injury to my face. Lesson learnt here - wear things to cover legs, like long socks!
I even had to climb up a really steep and tall slope. It rained that morning so the ground was slippery and muddy!! Eeks?! No! I totally enjoyed the thrill of it! I even didn't mind the yucky insects and other things that i would usually freak out about! I just enjoyed the company of the dogs. Aiyo! They're so cute! They were squeezing past me alot of time and i had to try to avoid kicking them a lot of times. So adorable! At the end of it all, i had to throw away my old shoes, socks and handkerchief because they were all mud marinated. hiak! Learnt to wear unwanted shoes, socks and towel next time!
First No 2: Archdiocese Youth Day 070707
After finishing the DASH, rushed home to shower and finally after going round in circles, the Lord showed me the path to Singapore Expo for the event. Already said Youth! I first thing think of Youngsters lah! Teenagers lah! Really ah! Go there maciam cult like that! All wearing the same black T-shirt! I felt so out of place liao lor (coz i wasn't wearing the same shirt). I noticed all young people leh! SO BLOODY YOUNG! Wahkao! Now really really out of place! But then they show love for God so openly! Screaming their love for God and jumping about so freely and running crazy (maciam on drugs) onto the main floor to dance and jump somemore! Wow i'm impressed with that generation. Wait a minute, were we crazy too back when we were of that age? Well..maybe not. Anyway, another reminder of my age, AGAIN!
First No 3: Off-track Jogging Session 090707
Ever since the dog run, i've been really brave and not afraid of stepping into any ground in Singapore. I've have lots of energy and can't wait to jog or run through challenging terrains. I left my car at Toyota for repair and instead of grabbing the nearest cab, i walked to Honda showroom (excuse/inspiration for walking). The short distance seemed so easy! (well, didn't get my brochure, they said they're out of that, Blah!) So since i can't possibly walk to school from Ubi (and i didn't know what buses to take, coz out of touch for so long), i had no choice but to take a cab.
So this evening , just as i about to sink into my depression, i decided, "Hey! Why not recreate that same good feeling i felt from the dog run?" So?? I dashed out of my home and headed straight to the road! I didn't even think through the path i was going to take. I just walked and somehow, started jogging and made my way to sgn gardens and back home. Well, i know, it's not really that far. I was tempted to go uncle's place or amk hub to meet my parents but then i decided not to be too ambitious. Nevertheless, i'm proud of myself! I even chose to run on the rougher ground!
My Resolutions??
I want to experience many more firsts in my life. I want to experience all the things i've missed out just because i was depending too much on my comfort zone and too scared to try. I'm going to make up for all the lost time. I think i've gained enough epidemis layer(read: skin/face) over the years, to try new things.
I'm even planning to start to go for SDS events once i've quit a certain bad habit of mine and am ready to start a new relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment